Frequently Asked Questions
The following applies to staff members:
Work from home as much as possible.
Only come to work when stricktly necessary.
On average, half the total number of workstations will be available.
Coordinate with your team and management how the workstations will be divided.
Hold meetings online as much as possible.
Be considerate and keep communicating with each other.
Take your own responsibility and space within the established frameworks.
We expect that all colleagues will do that.
Employees who cannot or do not want to, but do need to be present, must coordinate this with their manager.
There are a number of education activities that will be scheduled to take place at the school. During scheduling we look at the maximum allowed occupation per classroom.
We are still allowed to give limited face-to-face education which is very important to us. To be able to offer some face-to-face education (and also online education), it is necessary that some of the necessary staff members come to THUAS for that reason. Not only for teaching but also for educational support and other related tasks.
All other staff members are required to work from home.
Yes, the exam will still take place. Exams are the exception to the evening curfew measures for higher education and therefore may still take place in the evening.
Any staff that need to travel after 9.00 pm due to work, require both a filled out personal declaration evening curfew (in Dutch) and an employer’s declaration for curfew exemption. These employer declarations can be applied for via the HRM service point. Authorisation by the supervisor is required, either written or by phone.
Workplace (at the university and at home)
Workplaces that should not be used are stickered.
Choose workplaces that allow for maximum distancing.
No chairs will be removed.
Don’t lend out any items, like whiteboard markers.
Avoid walking through occupied classrooms.
Don’t distribute handouts or documents, do it online.
Staff members are provided with hygienic supplies to clean their workplace before and after use. These can be collected from faculty offices and secretariats.
Do you want to improve your home workplace? Via iFrontoffice > Workplace staff member, an extra option has been added: Home workplace. Via this option you can request various items on loan, such as:
- A standard office chair;
- Various IT resources, such as a screen, replicator or mouse.
It's also possible to request workplace advice (remotely). Want to know more about this loan option? Go to iFrontoffice > Workplace staff member > Home workplace.
Because it is currently difficult to have the declarations signed physically, due to the advice to work from home as much as possible, we have temporarily adapted or eased the process surrounding the delivery. What do we need:
- A completed claim form for costs paid in advanced (Declaratieformulier voorgeschoten kosten) or claim form for foreign business trips (Declaratieformulier buitenlandse dienstreis) (digital) https://dehaagsehogeschool.sharepoint.com/sites/ServicePlein/SitePages/Dienstreizen.aspx
- Scanned receipts/invoice (may also be photo)
- Proof of payment (copy bank statement/credit card)
- Agreement of the relevant budget holder on the declaration by e-mail
- The declaration and attachments must be sent from the personal HHS mail account to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: everything has to be delivered in 1 mail to email@example.com.
In this way we hope to make it possible for you to claim costs in the period in which working from home is the norm. Until further notice, this will be the case until the 15th of July 2021.
(Online) education and exams
The transition from physical to more digital education is an important development in how we offer our education. We have been studying ways to enable more Blended Learning opportunities for a while. Over the past period, we have made significant progress there. We not only want to sustain this progress, but we want to solidify and expand it.
There is already a lot of information and expertise available about Blended Learning. Click here for the page on the Staff Portal. And/or contact the OKC education consultants.
Working from home
Here you will also find a page with the option to schedule a 15-minute session with someone from our team for questions/advice on the use of Office 365:
Check the intranet for more general information about Livvit.
Zoom is an application that allows you to make video calls via the internet with a PC, laptop or smartphone. Within The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Microsoft Teams is used for all online meetings and events initiated by us. This means that Zoom as an application is not supported by the department Facilities & IT. Suppose another organization invites you to a Zoom meeting, you can still participate by following these steps.
When you are invited to a Zoom meeting or event you will receive an email from the organizer. This email contains a meeting link, meeting ID and passcode. You need these to participate.
Follow the next steps to join the meeting or event:
- Step 1: If you want to participate, click on the link in the email. This opens a web page *. This web page will ask you to download a file, cancel this download.
- Step 2: On the web page you will find the "Launch Meeting" button. Click on this.
- Step 3: After clicking, the option "Having issues with Zoom Client? Join from Your Browser " appears. Click on this.
- Step 4: The newly opened page offers you the option to enter a name. This is the name that the other meeting participants will see. After entering a name, confirm that you are not a robot by completing the reCAPTCHA.
- Step 5: Now click on the "Join" button.
You will now join the meeting or event. Depending on the organizer's settings, you may be placed in a queue to join. In that case, the organizer must first approve your participation.
Connection with students and students’ wellbeing
All events and meetings, including diploma or propaedeutic ceremonies, can only take online. Physical events and meetings are not possible. For more information about diploma or propaedeutic ceremonies, see Studying > Internship and graduation on this information page.
Traveling for work
- (Foreign) travel is not allowed until 15 March 2021.