Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP/NFP)
THE DEADLINE FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018-2019 HAS PASSED. To be on time for the next academic year make sure to apply and get accepted between November 2018 and January 2019.
On 1 July 2017 the Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) entered a new phase as the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). OKP aims to advance the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals and institutions in higher and vocational education.
In order to be eligible for an OKP Scholarship, you:
- must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the provisional OKP country list;
- must have an employers statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided: All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- must have an official and valid passport;
- must not receive more than one scholarship for courses that take place at the same time;
- must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable). Check if for your country such a statement is required (download document).
Motivation letter student
It is important that you pay utmost attention to your motivation for studying.
We advise you to read the eligibility criteria of the embassy and take care that you answer all questions in such a way that it will lead to a positive assessment for selecting you.
Your motivation should not be general, but unique. It is important that you show the embassy that upon return to your country, you will be in a position to create a positive change in your organization and for your country.
This information is very important for the embassies when they evaluate your application and cannot be underestimated.
For more information about OKP please visit Nuffic's website.