Let’s talk finances. Enrolling on a degree programme at THUAS also means that you must pay tuition fees. There are 3 different fees:
|Statutory tuition fee||€ 2,060||€ 2,083|
|Reduced statutory fee||€ 1,030||€ 1,041|
|Institutional tuition fee||€ 8,050||€ 8,140|
You’ll either pay the statutory tuition fee set by the government or an institutional tuition fee set by THUAS. These amounts are reviewed every year.
How much you pay depends on three things - your nationality, if you have a higher education diploma and the degree programme you’ve chosen.
You may pay the statutory tuition fee if…
- you’re an EU national, from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Suriname or Switzerland, or are eligible for student finance with your Dutch residence permit
- you don’t have an associate or bachelor’s degree from a university in the Netherlands at the start of your bachelor’s degree programme, or you don’t already have an associate, bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university in Holland at the start of your associate degree programme
- this is the first time you’re enrolling in a bachelor’s degree or study programme in healthcare. You’ll pay the statutory tuition fee even if you already have a bachelor’s degree
How much in tuition fees you will have to pay is based on the information known at The Hague University of Applied Sciences. In case of relevant changes in this information, the tuition fees will be adjusted accordingly.
Reduced statutory fee
Do you qualify for the statutory rate and are you entering Dutch higher education for the first time in the 2018/2019 academic year? Then you qualify for a 50% discount in tuition fees. You’ll be charged € 1,030 for your first year of enrolment (first two years if you’re starting our Dutch-taught teacher education programmes in 2018-2019).
Please note: After this period you’ll have to pay the full statutory rate. You can find more information on the government website.
Tuition fees calculator
Use the tuition fee calculator
to work out your exact tuition fees and to see if you meet the
statutory tuition fee requirements. If you don’t meet the criteria, you
must pay institutional tuition fees. The tuition fee calculator is based on the current year. The calculator for the year 2019-2020 will be published in the course of the academic year 2018-2019.
Paying your tuition fees
can pay your tuition fees all at once. If you’ve a bank account with an
IBAN number in an EU country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein,
Switzerland, Monaco or San Marino, you can also pay in nine instalments.
Either way, you’ll need to set up a direct debit payment to allow us to
deduct the fees from your account on the agreed dates.
- Please make sure you set up the direct debit as soon as possible - and have sufficient funds in your account - before 31 August, or you won’t be able to start on 1 September. If you miss a payment, please refer to our FAQs to find out what to do.
- Please note: Direct debits are only possible if you have a bank account in a SEPA country. If you’re not from a SEPA country, you’ll need to pay the entire balance in one go and send a confirmation form. Please find full instructions on the confirmation form.
- You must pay tuition fees for each month of enrolment, whether or not you actually take part in classes. Don’t forget to terminate your enrolment in time if you have changed your mind about studying at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- If your enrolment starts at a later date than 1 September, your tuition fees will be changed accordingly. For each month of enrolment you will be charged 1/12th of the applicable tuition fee.
Find out more about tuition feesAny questions about payment, direct debits or payment arrears? Email our Student Accounts Receivable Department (stating your student number) at email@example.com or call +31 (0)70 445 88 63 during business hours.
To find out how to change your payment method, complete your payment details in Studielink and more, see our FAQs. Or contact the Enrolment Centre.