If you have graduated from The Hague University of Applied Sciences, first of all: congratulations!

When you graduate, your enrolment does not cease automatically. You will remain enrolled until the end of the academic year, and during this period you will also need to pay tuition fees. If you wish to remain enrolled for the rest of the academic year (e.g. because you still wish to receive student financing), you do not need to do anything.

However, if you wish to terminate your enrolment sooner, you need to submit an application for termination of enrolment via Studielink. On this page, you'll find how to do so. When doing so, please note the following: 

  • You must be enrolled on the date shown on your certificate – this is the date of the meeting during which the examination board determined that you passed. This date may therefore differ from the date on which your certificate is presented to you. 
  • It is not possible to terminate your enrolment with retroactive effect. This means that you cannot terminate your enrolment with an effective date somewhere in the past. Because termination of enrolment always takes effect from the first day of a calendar month, the first day of the next calendar month is the earliest effective date on which you can terminate your enrolment. Of course, it is possible to terminate your enrolment from the first day of a subsequent month. You should therefore not wait too long before submitting your application for termination of enrolment. 
  • If your graduation date is in June, July or August, you are not entitled to any exemption from or restitution of tuition fees. You therefore do not need to terminate your enrolment yourself, because your enrolment will cease on 1 September. 
  • Once you have terminated your enrolment, you are no longer entitled to student financing or a student public transport chip card ( OV-chipkaart). You therefore need to make sure that you cancel your own student financing as well as deactivate your own student public transport chip card on time. For more information, please visit the website of DUO( Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs, formerly IB-Groep).


Arrow Did you receive a Proof of Payment of Tuition Fees (Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld) from The Hague University of Applied Sciences (because you're also studying at another university in the Netherlands)? Then you can only terminate your enrolment if you hand in the original Proof of Payment of Tuition Fees or a proof of termination from the other university in which you studied (in the Netherlands) at the Enrolment Centre. Please let us know as of which date you wish to be disenrolled. 

Arrow Are you terminating your enrolment as of 1 July or 1 August? Then you are not entitled to a refund of tuition fees. 

Contacting the Enrolment Centre

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Enrolment Centre