You have graduated from The Hague University of Applied Sciences. First of all: congratulations!
When you graduate, your enrolment is not automatically terminated. You will remain enrolled until the end of the academic year, and during this period you will also need to pay tuition fees. If you do not want to remain enrolled, you must terminate your enrolment via Studielink. On this page you'll find how to do this.
Please note the following:
- You must be enrolled on the date printed on your degree certificate. On this date the examination board decided that you had met all requirements for graduation. This date may differ from the date on which you received the certificate.
- It is not possible to terminate your enrolment retroactively. This means that you cannot terminate your enrolment with an effective date somewhere in the past. The first day of the next calendar month is always the earliest effective date on which you can terminate your enrolment. For example: you submit an application for termination of enrolment on April 7. The earliest effective date would then be May 1.
- To avoid paying unnecessary tuition fees, we advise you to submit your application for termination through Studielink as soon as you know that you will graduate shortly (even if you haven’t received an official confirmation from the Exam Board yet). In Studielink, make sure to select the tickbox that you wish to terminate because of graduation. Don’t worry – your enrolment will not be terminated until you have actually graduated.
- Will you graduate in June, July or August? Then you are not entitled to any exemption from or restitution of tuition fees. You therefore do not need to terminate your enrolment yourself, because your enrolment will automatically finish on 1 September.
- Once your enrolment has been terminated, you are no longer entitled to student financing (studiefinanciering) or a student public transport card (studentenreisproduct). Make sure that you cancel your student financing and student public transport chip card on time. For more information, please visit the website of DUO(Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs).
- Tip: if you want to continue your studies at another university, you might want to apply for exemptions there. In that case, please download the course descriptions from Blackboard before your enrolment is terminated.
ExceptionsDid you receive a Proof of Payment of Tuition Fees (Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld) from The Hague University of Applied Sciences (because you're also studying at another university in the Netherlands)? Then you can only terminate your enrolment if you hand in the original Proof of Payment of Tuition Fees or a proof of termination from the other university at the Enrolment Centre. Please also let us know as of which date you wish to terminate your enrolment.
Are you terminating your enrolment as of 1 July or 1 August? Then you are not entitled to a refund of tuition fees.
Contacting the Enrolment Centre
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Enrolment Centre.