The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as Dutch universities. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EU-countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s degree programmes in Holland.
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies.You are eligible for the Holland Scholarship if you:
- Come from outside the European Economic Area.
- Are applying for a full-time bachelor degree programme.
- Have never before studied at an education institution in the Netherlands.
- Are enrolling for the first time at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- Have never applied for this scholarship before.
- Have not applied for the World Citizen Talent Scholarship.
- You will have to pay the full institutional tuition fee rate.
- You have been provisionally accepted as a student (also-called offer of student position) on or before 31 May 2017.
First apply to the Bachelor programme of your choice.
Write an essay (in English) on what contribution or mark you would like to make to the international 'community' of The Hague and/or The Netherlands, upon graduating from The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
Apply for the Holland Scholarship between 1 November and 31 March 2017 by submitting the application form. Please read the assessment procedure below and our essay guidelines before you start writing.
Scholarship assessments and results
We have appointed a committee to judge all essays. The judges will select the 29 students whose essays will have impressed them most to receive the scholarship. The decision of the jury will be binding. You will be informed about the results via email before 15 May 2017.
Please note that you will only be awarded the scholarship after you have been conditionally accepted and have met all terms and conditions of enrolment. You will receive the scholarship amount of € 5.000, after your arrival in The Hague and have set up a Dutch bank account.
By submitting your essay, you are giving us the right to publish it, if we wish to. Scholarship winners are also expected to participate in evaluations, and contribute to the internationalisation of our institution.
If you have any questions before applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Holland Scholarship is made available by: