Collecting tuition fees 2018-2019
On this page, you'll find information on the collection of the tuition fees for the academic year 2018-2019. For the collection of the tuition fees, The Hague University of Applied Sciences makes use of a digital payment authorisation in Studielink.
On this page, you can find out how much tuition fees you will have to pay at The Hague University of Applied Sciences for the academic year 2018-2019.
Keep in mind: The Dutch government plans to halve the tuition fees for a particular
category of students starting their programmes in higher education from
the academic year of 2018-2019. You can find more information on the
website of the government.
The discount has not been included in the collection dates schedule below.
If you choose to pay by digital payment authorisation, The Hague University of Applied Sciences will automatically debit the tuition fee from your bank account in one lump sum payment or in 9 instalments.
Payment in 1 instalment
If you've chosen to pay in 1 instalment, the total amount of the tuition fees will be debited around Tuesday the 25th of September 2018.
Payment in 9 instalments
If you've chosen to pay in 9 instalments, you can find the payment dates and amounts in the table below.
Keep in mind: payment via digital payment authorisation is only possible for students with a bank account in a SEPA country. Students with a bank account in a non-SEPA country should pay the entire amount at once, using the confirmation form on this page.
|25 September 2018*||€ 252,88*||€ 918,48*|
|25 October 2018||€ 228,89||€ 894,44|
|26 November 2018||€ 228,89||€ 894,44|
|24 December 2018||€ 228,89||€ 894,44|
|25 January 2019||€ 228,89||€ 894,44|
|25 February 2019||€ 228,89||€ 894,44|
|25 March 2019||€ 228,89||€ 894,44|
|25 April 2019||€ 228,89||€ 894,44|
|27 May 2019||€ 228,89||€ 894,44|
* The first instalment includes an administrative fee of € 24.
To allow The Hague University of Applied Sciences to collect the amount(s) owned, you have to make sure that:
- you have sufficient funds in your bank account;
- your bank account allows for direct debiting;
- you don't change your bank account (number) without informing the Enrolment Centre immediately.
Change bank account
There are two ways to inform the Enrolment Centre that you changed your bank account:
- Use the Overstapservice (only available in Dutch). Your new account details will automatically be passed on to The Hague University of Applied Sciences. After we have received the new bank details we will ask you to hand in a new one-off power of attorney for the payment of the tuition fees.
- If you're not going to use the Overstapservice, you can fill out a new one-off power of attorney and send it to the Enrolment Centre. Please indicate clearly that your bank account has changed.
Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to update your bank account details through Studielink.
Being behind on payments
- If you have missed one payment, you will receive a reminder from the student debtors administration.
- Make sure you pay the amount due directly or contact the student debtors administration via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have missed two payments, you will receive a warning in which the student debtors administration explains about the possible consequences of a forced termination of your enrolment. In the event of non-payment, they will instruct facilities & IT to block your account, in which case you will no longer be able to register for exams. Facilities & IT will unblock your account after the student debtors administration have received your payment of the amount due.
- If you have missed three consecutive payments, the whole amount due will be collected by a bailiff. You will have to pay the associated additional costs and charges. Your enrolment will be terminated and you will no longer have the right to attend classes and to sit exams. You may no longer be entitled to student finance (studiefinanciering) and a student public transport card (studentenreisproduct).
If you have any questions about the collection of your tuition fees or being behind on your payment, please send an email (mentioning your student number) to the student debtors administration: email@example.com.
You can contact the Enrolment Centre with questions about changing your payment details.
No rights can be derived from the information on this page and the pages referred to.
Last update: 20 March 2018