Collecting tuition fees 2015-2016
While filling out the (digital) payment authorisation, you can choose for automatic collection in 1 or in 9 instalments.
Note: payment via a (digital) payment authorisation is only possible for students with a bank account in a SEPA country. Students with a non-SEPA bank account should pay the entire amount at once, using the confirmation form that can be downloaded on this page.
On this page, you can find out how much in tuition fees you will have to pay at The Hague University of Applied Sciences for the academic year 2015-2016.
In the overview below, you will find the collection dates and amount.
Collection dates and amounts 2015-2016
Collection in 1 installment
If you've chosen for collection in 1 instalment, the total amount of the tuition fees will be collected around 25 September 2015.
Collection in 9 installments
If you've chosen for collection in 9 instalments, you can find the collection dates and amounts in the table below. Please see the column belonging to the (total) amount of tuition fees that is applicable to you for the academic year 2015-2016.
|Tuition fees → |
Collection dates ↓
|€ 1,951||€ 7,900|
|25 September 2015*||€ 240.76||€ 901.76|
|26 October 2015||€ 216.78||€ 877.78|
|25 November 2015||€ 216.78||€ 877.78|
|23 December 2015||€ 216.78||€ 877.78|
|25 January 2016||€ 216.78||€ 877.78|
|24 February 2016||€ 216.78||€ 877.78|
|24 March 2016||€ 216.78||€ 877.78|
|25 April 2016||€ 216.78||€ 877.78|
|24 May 2016||€ 216.78||€ 877.78|
* The first instalment includes an administrative fee of € 24.
Collection of the tuition fees
To allow The Hague University of Applied Sciences to collect the amount(s) ownes, you have to make sure that:
- you have sufficient funds in your bank account;
- your bank account allows for direct debiting;
- you don't change your bank account (number) without informing the Enrolment Centre immediately. (Please see the ' Change bank account' paragraph for more information.)
If you are in arrears of payment, this may have serious consequences. (Please see the ' Arrears of payment' paragraph for more information.) You must therefore make sure that you meet the above criteria at all time.
Change bank account
There are two ways to inform the Enrolment Centre that you changed your bank account:
- Use the Overstapservice (only available in Dutch). Your new account details will automatically be passed on to The Hague University of Applied Sciences. After we have received the new bank details we will ask you to hand in a new one-off power of attorney for the payment of the tuition fees.
- If you're not going to use the Overstapservice, you can fill out a new payment form and send it to the Enrolment Centre. (On this form, please indicate clearly that your bank account has changed!)
Unfortunately, it is not possible to update your bank account details through Studielink as yet.
Arrears of payment
If you are in arrears of payment, this has the following consequences:
- In case we were unable to collect one instalment, our financial department will send you a warning letter. By the time of the next instalment, we will try to collect the missing instalment again.
- If you have a payment arrears of two instalments, you will be sent a reminder, in which we will warn you for the possible consequence of a forced disenrolment. We will also have our ICT department close your university account. You will then be unable to register for tests or exams. Only when you have paid the entire amount due, our ICT department will re-open your account.
- If we were unable to collect three consecutive terms, we will ask our bailiff to collect the entire amount due. You will also have to pay all associated (extra-)legal costs and interest charges. At this point we will terminate your enrolment with The Hague University of Applied Sciences. You will then have no right to attend classes and to sit exams. Also, this may have consequences for your right to student grants and a student public transport chip card.
Make sure your account balance is sufficient by the time of each tuition fee instalment to avoid these grave consequences!
If you have any questions about the collection of your tuition fees, please send an email (mentioning your student number) to the student debtors administration: email@example.com.
No rights can be derived from the information on this page and the pages referred to.
~ last update: 28 September 2015 ~
Contacting the Enrolment Centre
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Enrolment Centre.