Application procedure for the academic year 2017-2018
All prospective students have to apply for enrolment via Studielink. Please follow the steps below in order to enrol for a study programme at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
Before you make an enrolment request, please take a look at this page to view the application requirements
After you applied for the bachelor programme of your choice, the Enrolment Centre will assess whether or not your previous education allows you to study (the bachelor programme of your choice) at The Hague University of Applied Sciences. Please note that only the Enrolment Centre can make statements regarding your eligibility, based on the official rules. No rights can be derived from statements from others about your eligibility.
If you do not meet the minimum requirements, and are 21 years or older, you can still apply to one of our bachelor programmes. Click here for information about our 21+ Admission Test.
Note: you can only apply for the 21+ Admission Test if you don't need The Hague University of Applied Sciences to apply for a residence permit (for the Netherlands) for you.
Students with a Dutch address
If you have a Dutch address, and you are enrolled in a Dutch municipality, you'll have to log in to Studielink using DigiD.
Note: if you’ve already used your DigiD to log into Studielink before, please proceed to step 2 directly.
If you do not own a DigiD, request it first and make sure your DigiD is activated before you follow the steps below. You can request a DigiD at www.digid.nl, where you’ll also find more information regarding applying for and activating your DigiD. You need your Dutch Citizen Service Number ('Burger Service Nummer' / BSN) to request a DigiD. If you forgot your BSN, you can request it at the city hall.
- If you already have a Studielink account, you’ll have to convert this (once) in order to log in with your DigiD from now on. Click here to view or download our manual “Convert existing Studielink account to DigiD”.
- If you don’t have a Studielink account yet, click here to view or download our manual “Create a Studielink account using DigiD”.
If you don't have a Dutch address, you'll have to log in to Studielink with a Studielink account.
Note: if you already have a Studielink account, please proceed to step 2 directly.
Click here to view or download our manual “Create a Studielink account (for prospective students with a non-Dutch address)”.
- If you have a Dutch diploma, you'll find our enrolment procedure on this page (in Dutch).
- If you have obtained a havo, vwo of mbo 4 diploma in Bonaire, Saba or St. Eustatius , this will be treated as a Dutch diploma. You’ll find our enrolment procedure on this page (in Dutch).
- If you have a non-Dutch diploma, please click here to view or download our manual “How to add your previous education in Studielink (non-Dutch diplomas)”.
Click here to view or download our manual "Make an enrolment request in Studielink".
Students applying for a bachelor programme from countries with our representatives are advised (but not obliged) to apply through one of our agents. However, all the Chinese students applying for the English language preparatory programme have to apply through an agent.
The Hague University of Applied Sciences pays a fee to agents for their services. The agents can also charge a fee to students for services they offer. The costs depend on the services offered by the agent and differ from country to country. If you wish to apply through an agent, please contact the agent of your choice for accurate information about the costs.
During the enrolment process through Studielink you will be asked if you are registering through an agent. If so, the steps below will be taken care of by your agent.
Attention: Agents must use the email address of prospective students to apply for enrolment! Agents should not use their own email address!
Please note: for non-EU/EEA students for which The Hague University of Applied Sciences has to arrange a Dutch residence permit, the tuition fees are already included in the package fee.
Subsequently, you will be informed by email on how to proceed with the application.
The Hague University of Applied Sciences makes use of OSIRIS Application for processing your application and assessing your eligibility. Within one week after you have applied in Studielink, you will receive an email in which you are requested to upload your application documents. This email also contains your OSIRIS Application login details.
After you have done an application via Studielink you will receive a personal login code and password per email for uploading your documents in Osiris Application. In order to process your application, we will request you to upload the following required documents:
- A clear copy of your valid ID card (only for European nationality) or passport
- Non-EU residents have to upload a residence permit, valid on 1 September 2017
- A clear copy of your official diploma(s) / certificate(s) including the official transcript or grade list*
- A valid TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC or CAE/CPE certificate (if applicable)
If you have not obtained your diploma yet you will have to upload an official signed and stamped statement from your school in Dutch, English, German or French where the name of the diploma/certificate(s) (also in the original language), the expected date of graduation (before 1 September 2017) and a list of your subjects with predicted grades (2016-2017) are stated.
Please note that you always have to press the submit button afterwards!
* NB. For some diploma an official translation is required. You can contact CSI in case you have questions about this.
After you have applied for enrolment in Studielink and followed the instructions from the Enrolment Centre, you will be informed on your eligibility to the programme of your choice.
When you meet the eligibility requirements you will receive a so-called ‘conditional letter of acceptance’ from the Enrolment Centre by email.Please note: if you have applied through an agent, this email will also be sent to the agent's office.
You will receive a student card and proof of enrolment at the start of the academic year.
Deadline for application via Studielink
At this date, your application via Studielink has to be submitted:
15 January 2017
for the Dutch bachelor programme 'Huidtherapie’ which has a numerus fixus.
Note: students for this programme have to hand in a copy of their passport to the Enrolment Centre at 1 May 2017 at the latest.
1 May 2017
for all other bachelor programmes. Go to apply before 1 May for more information.
Deadline to complete the Study Choice Check:
If your prior education was in the Netherlands, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, St Eustatius or St Maarten and you have applied for a fulltime study programme, the Study Choice Check is mandatory and the deadline for completing it is:
- 31 May 2017
Deadline for submitting your application documents
At this date, all documents necessary in order to verify your identity and previous education have to be submitted to the Enrolment Centre:
- 15 May 2017
- 31 August 2017
for all non-EU/EEA students who need a residence permit for the purpose of study in the Netherlands or students with a Dutch residence permit that has already expired.
for EU/EEA students.
for non-EU/EEA students who already hold a (valid) Dutch residence permit.
Deadline for submitting the immigration documents (including language test results, if applicable)
- 15 June 2017 for all non-EU/EEA students who need a new residence permit for the purpose of study in the Netherlands or students with a Dutch residence permit that has already expired.
- 31 July 2017 for all non-EU/EEA students who already hold a (valid) residence permit for the purpose of study in the Netherlands at another university or university of applied sciences in the Netherlands.
- 31 August 2017 for non-EU/EEA students who already hold a (valid) Dutch residence permit for the purpose of study in the Netherlands at The Hague University of Applied Sciences, or for another purpose than study.
Deadline to complete your enrolment
At this date, you'll have to meet all enrolment requirements, including the (authorisation for the) payment of your tuition fees:
- 31 August 2017
for all students
If you decide not to start the chosen study programme, withdraw your enrolment application in Studielink. We will then stop sending you reminders.
Please note: any refund of tuition fees transferred to us is only possible if you withdraw your enrolment before 1 September 2017. If you fail to meet this date, you will be charged for a part of the tuition fees.
Contacting the Enrolment Centre
For questions about visa or residence permits, or any other questions please contact the Enrolment Centre.