As a researcher at THUAS, you concern yourself with practice oriented research. There is a significant chance that there are subsidies available with which your research can be deepened or broadened. Subsidies are requested before starting a research project.
The subsidy landscape is wide and encompasses various plans, each with their own purpose and rating criteria. A subsidy is an instrument with which a government (or institution) aims to realize the objectives of its policies. It is essential to be cognizant of this fact when requesting a subsidy.
The supply of subsidies is diverse. Depending on your project, generic or thematic subsidies can be relevant. There is also the possibility of applying for a large-scale European or municipal subsidy. Below you find several important institutions that provide subsidies.
- The Dutch Organization for Scientific Research (NWO): is the most important science financing body in the Netherlands. NWO invests almost a billion euro’s in research on a yearly basis among others by making use of NWA-ORC and thematic calls.
- Regieorgaan SIA: as part of NOW, SIA finances practice oriented research. The most well-known plans are RAAK and KIEM.
- Nationaal regieorgaan onderwijsonderzoek (NRO): offers different forms of financing for research into education and education innovations such as the Comeniusprogram.
- ZonMw: finances research into healthcare and stimulates the use of developed knowledge in order to improve the healthcare sector and public health in general.
- Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland (RVO): supplies subsidies to companies and knowledge institutions for projects on innovation, agriculture, sustainability and international affairs.
- The European Union: subsidies for projects or activities on various policy terrains of the EU. Horizon Europe is the main subsidy supplier on research and innovation.
Funding Support Office
You can contact the Funding Support Office if you see ways in which your project may claim a subsidy in order to review whether your research projects fits the requirements.
THUAS’ Funding Support Office assists employees when applying and management of subsidies. With our service we want to stimulate the quality of subsidy requests and project plans and simplify the process safeguarding, management and final assessment.
By using newsletters, mailings, personal advice sessions and workshops we inform employees of THUAS proactively on subsidy plans, opportunities, deadlines and relevant public- and institutional policies and interesting events. Personalized information? Reach out to us for a meeting!
What we do for you
You can reach us for assistance with writing a subsidy request and making a budget. We do this by organizing meetings on the exact completion of this support. This ranges from a single review to more active support with working on text and budgets. The sooner you reach out, the more we can mean for each other.
The benefits of reaching out to FSO
The BoD has given us the task to manage internal subsidy procedures so that you receive the right signatures and forms in due time. We have the knowledge of and experience with the important subsidies for universities of applied science such as RAAK, NWA, Comenius, Erasmus+ and the HEA 2018-2022. Reach us as soon as possible! We support project managers of approved subsidy requests with the execution of their projects. After the approval we plan meetings on evaluating the conditions upon which the project is to be executed based on the demands of the subsidy plan and advise on the direction of the administrative organization and internal control (AO/IC). Depending on the length and financial dimension of the project we plan one or multiple progress meetings.