Global Goals for Sustainable DevelopmentIn September 2015, 193 world leaders agreed to 17 Global Goals for Sustainable Development. A set of goals for the world that aim to make our planet fair, healthy and sustainable by 2030. All courses in The Hague Summer School are linked to the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals. The Hague Summer School always focuses on wicked problems. As a student you can choose different modules varying from Entrepreneurship to Human Rights and from Health, Well-Being and Culture to Sustainable Cities.
As soon as we have more information on the General Programs and the Electives, we’ll publish it here!
To give you an impression the following Electives were taught in previous years:
- Business & Peace
- Health, Well-being and Culture
- Human Rights, Security & Development
- Leadership for Sustainable Innovation
- Local Impact of Global Migration
- Sustainable Cities
- Sustainable Entrepreneurial Thinking
Becoming a world citizen is only possible if we work together, evolve and change ourselves. If we take a critical look at our present and future situation, we will see that we need new perspectives and solutions. We will find them more quickly if we constantly share and learn to apply one another’s insights, skills and methods.
Please note the social programme already starts one day before the start of the academic programme!
- The summer course is held in The Hague, the United Nations City of Peace, Justice and Security, packed with 131 international institutions, 80 justice organisations, 300 international businesses and numerous NGOs.
- You will gain an all-round ‘international classroom’ experience with fellow students, lecturers and professionals from different cultural backgrounds.
- You will prepare yourself for a future career in a multi-national organisation, enrich your personal growth and develop your talents through teamwork, debate and sharing knowledge.
- You will make new friends for life from all over the world during your time in The Netherlands.