First edition: The Future of Business and Social Challenges (4-15th of July)
Limited spaces available!
The theme of the first edition of the summer school is the Future of Business and Social Challenges. All students will follow a general module together in the morning and select an elective module of their choice in the afternoon. For students this first edition of the summer school is all about gaining intercultural competences, while working in multi-disciplinary teams and exploring a course of their choice.
Here you can find the descriptions of the modules on offer during the first edition of The Hague Summer School 2022. All participants follow the General Module (1 ECTS) and choose one elective (3 ECTS):
Elective 1: The Future of the Money
Elective 2: Blockchain Technology: An Introduction
Elective 3: The Benefits of Business-NGO Collaboration
Elective 4: Sustainable Entrepreneurial Thinking
Elective 5: The Local Impact of Global Migration
The Hague Summer School aims to run the following modules with at least 8 students per module, and a max of 22 students per module. We reserve the right to cancel certain modules due to lack of interest. You will be informed of any changes to your preferred elective as soon as possible after registration closes.
Second edition: Peace & Justice (18-29th of July)
Limited spaces available!
The second edition of the summer school focuses on Peace and Justice. The title reflects the status of the City of The Hague as the Legal Capital of the World. More particularly the focus will be on the contribution paid by European Union (EU) cooperation to peace and stability on the European continent. The first week focuses on the general principles of Peace and Justice and the role of the European Union; the second week zooms in on four specific challenges that the EU faces.
Themes to be discussed are:
- Peace and Security on the European continent
- Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms
- European Union cooperation: objectives and principles, achievements and shortcomings
- Democracy, judicial protection and external challenges
- Climate change
- Geopolitical developments and Defence
Next to the lectures and debates., excursions will be organised, inter alia to international organizations having their seat in The Hague, such as the International Court of Justice, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Peace Palace.
For a more detailed description of the second edition of the summer school, please see this document.
The aim of the Peace and Justice programme is to discuss with young people the vital interest of peace and security in the world and, in close connection therewith, the need for reconciliation and cooperation. More particularly the focus will be on the contribution paid by European Union cooperation to peace and stability on the European continent.
By offering Rotary Scholarships, Rotary in the Netherlands propagates the organization’s mission: ‘Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change — across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves’*.
For these reasons, Rotary is offering scholarships for the Peace & Justice programme of The Hague Summer School 2022 of € 300,- for a maximum of 20 students who meet the application criteria.
For more information about the Rotary Scholarship Programme, click here.
To apply for the Rotary Scholarship Programme, please click here!
- The summer course is held in The Hague, the United Nations City of Peace, Justice and Security, packed with 131 international institutions, 80 justice organisations, 300 international businesses and numerous NGOs.
- You will gain an all-round ‘international classroom’ experience with fellow students, lecturers and professionals from different cultural backgrounds.
- You will prepare yourself for a future career in a multi-national organisation, enrich your personal growth and develop your talents through teamwork, debate and sharing knowledge.
- You will make new friends for life from all over the world during your time in The Netherlands.