Location The Hague, Main CampusJohanna Westerdijkplein 75,
2521 EN, The Hague, The Netherlands
When you apply you will create an online account that will allow you to track your application through its various stages. Having an online account means that you don’t need to complete your online application in one go. You can save your progress at any point and come back to it at another time. On the site, you will also get more procedural information about immigration, accommodation and insurance. Please note, you have only applied after pressing the Submit button on the last page on the online application system.
Before you begin entering your personal details on the application site, you need to prepare documents which need to be uploaded:
- A scanned copy of your passport (valid at least 3 months after your exchange ends)
- A signed learning agreement (in case your university has not nominated you)
The deadline for application as an Exchange student is 31 May (first semester and full year), or 15 November (second semester). Please note the deadline for submitting all required documents is 15 June (first semester and full year), or 31 October (second semester).
Letter of Acceptance
After receipt of all the documentation required and a positive decision on acceptance, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance. The (conditional) Letter of Acceptance may include requirements you have to meet before being fully accepted.
Signing and receiving of (Erasmus+) documents
Any academic/course related questions and documents (such as learning agreements, statements of attendance, etc.) and transcripts of records are taken care of by the programme/faculty you enroll for as an exchange student. The International Office can only redirect you to them, so please contact the programme coordinators directly.
Applications for the fall semester (starting in September) and full year exchange of the academic year 2017-2018 are open from April 1st.
Please note, you have only applied after pressing the Submit button on the last page on the online application system.
We highly recommend you use a desktop/laptop when applying.
For any questions on the online application site, please use this contact form.
The payment deadline for students who need an entry visa and/or a residence permit for study is 15th of June 2017 (for the first or both semesters), or 30th of November 2017 (for the second semester).
Please note: Should The Hague University of Applied Sciences not have received your payment before this deadline we cannot apply for your entry visa, residence permit and/or insurance.
Bank details for payment
- IBAN Bank account number > NL80 RABO 0145 5455 63
- Swift code of the bank > RABO NL 2U
- Name of the accountholder > Stichting HBO Haaglanden
- Name of the bank > Rabobank
- Address of the bank > Bezuidenhoutseweg 5
- Postal code and place > 2594 AB The Hague
- Country > The Netherlands
- Payment reference* > [your full name and THUAS student number]
Fees and costs
- Legal fees for the application of your immigration (visa and/or residence permit) > € 317,00
- Health Insurance incl. third party insurance 1st (fall) semester > € 304,00
- Health Insurance incl. third party insurance 2nd (spring) semester > € 333,00
- Health Insurance incl. third party insurance both semesters > € 631,00
- Third party liability insurance (liability) one semester > € 16,00
- Third party liability insurance (liability) two semesters > € 32,00
Please add up the applicable fees and costs for your situation and be aware of possible transfer fees charged by banks!
Cancellation of your exchange period has to be done in writing and has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your student number and the reason for cancellation.
Should you cancel your application after we have submitted your entry visa and/or residence permit application, the legal fees paid on your behalf cannot be refunded. Also the fee for the third party insurance cannot be refunded.
Please note: cancellation of accommodation has to be done directly with the party offering housing, and different fees and rules may apply.
FacilitiesOn campus, there are state-of-the-art computer facilities, media labs and science labs to help students study. We also have several restaurants and extensive sports facilities .
Read more about our facilities.