Location The Hague, Main CampusJohanna Westerdijkplein 75,
2521 EN, The Hague, The Netherlands
When you apply for an exhange at THUAS, you will create an online account that will allow you to track your application through its various stages. You can save your progress at any point and come back to it at another time.
You will also get more information regarding important topics such as immigration, accommodation and insurance.
The Hague University of Applied Sciences (THUAS) offers a wide range of programmes. Before applying, always check with your home university for which specific exchange programme(s) you can apply and have to be nominated for. Applications for other programmes will not be processed by THUAS.
Application Start and Deadlines
| First semester (fall, September)
|| Second semester (spring, February)
| Nomination by partner university at THUAS
|| April 30th
|| October 15th
| Start application by student
||April 3rd|| October 1st
| Deadline of application by student
|| May 31st
|| November 15th
Letter of Acceptance
After receipt of the initial required documentation, you will receive a conditional Letter of Acceptance. The Letter of Acceptance is conditional in the sense that you still have to meet certain criteria (such as immigration matters, payments or entry requirements) before being fully accepted.
English language requirements
At THUAS we expect our exchange students to be proficient in English language. The following test scores indicate the level of English that is required:
- IELTS, Academic Module. Minimum score: 6.0 overall band score.
- TOEFL, Internet based. Minimum score 80
THUAS has agreed with its partner universities that exchange students are exempted from submitting a language test. We have agreed with our partner universities to guarantee that the nominated students will meet these requirements.
Signing of (Erasmus+) documents, courses, schedule and grade lists
Any academic/course/schedule related questions and documents (such as learning agreements, statements of attendance, etc.) as well as transcripts of records are taken care of by the programme/faculty you enroll for as an exchange student.
The International Office can only redirect you to them, so please contact the programme coordinators directly.
Application link and tips
Applications for the first, or autumn/fall, semester (starting in September 2019) are closed.
- Before you start, you need to prepare a color scan in PDF of your passport (including all stamped/used pages in one file)
- You have only applied after pressing the Submit button on the last page on the online application system
- We highly recommend you use a desktop/laptop when applying (not a smart device)
Should The Hague University of Applied Sciences not have received your payment on our bank account before the deadlines set below, we cannot apply for your entry visa, residence permit and/or health insurance.
|First semester (fall, September) and full year||Second semester (spring, February)|
|Deadline||June 15th||November 30th|
Bank account details for payment
- IBAN Bank account number > NL80 RABO 0145 5455 63
- Swift code of the bank > RABO NL 2U
- Name of the accountholder > Stichting HBO Haaglanden
- Name of the bank > Rabobank
- Address of the bank > Bezuidenhoutseweg 5
- Postal code and place > 2594 AB The Hague
- Country > The Netherlands
- Payment reference* > [your full name and THUAS student number]
Fees and costs
- Legal fees for the application of your immigration (entry visa and/or residence permit) > € 171,- ONLY for non-EU/EEA
- Student Health Insurance (incl. third party insurance) for the Autumn/Fall semester > €302,-
- Student Health Insurance (incl. third party insurance) for a Full Year > €628
Please add up the applicable fees and costs for your situation and take into account possible transfer fees charged by banks when you make the transfer. Insufficient payments cannot be fully processed.
Payments by credit card, PayPal, and/or other methods are not possible.
Cancellation of your exchange period has to be done in writing and has to be sent to email@example.com mentioning your student number and the reason for cancellation.
Should you cancel your application after we have submitted your entry visa and/or residence permit application, the legal fees paid on your behalf cannot be refunded.
Please note: cancellation of accommodation has to be done directly with the party offering housing, and different fees and rules may apply.
FacilitiesOn campus, there are state-of-the-art computer facilities, media labs and science labs to help students study. We also have several restaurants and extensive sports facilities .
Read more about our facilities.