Location Main campusJohanna Westerdijkplein 75,
2521 EN, The Hague, The Netherlands
IntroductionWhen you apply you will create an online account that will allow you to track your application through its various stages. Having an online account means that you don’t need to complete your online application in one go. You can save your progress at any point and come back to it at another time. On the site, you will also get more procedural information about immigration, accommodation and insurance. Please note, you have only applied after submitting your application.
Before you begin entering your personal details on the application site, you need to prepare documents which need to be uploaded:
- A scanned copy of your passport
- A signed learning agreement or subject choice form (in case your university has not nominated you)
The deadline for application as an Exchange student is 31 May (first semester and full year), or 15 November (second semester).
Please note the deadline for submitting all required documents is 15 June (first semester and full year), or 1 December (second semester).
Letter of acceptance
After receipt of all the documentation required and a positive decision on acceptance, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance. The (conditional) Letter of Acceptance may include requirements you have to meet before being fully accepted.
Applications for the spring semester of the academic year 2016-2017 are open, you can apply here.
For any questions on the online application site, please use this contact form.
The payment deadline for students who need an entry visa and/or a residence permit for study is 15 th of June 2016 (for the first or both semesters), or 30 th of November 2016 (for the second semester).Please note: should The Hague University of Applied Sciences not have received your payment before this deadline we cannot apply for your entry visa, residence permit or insurance.
Bank details for payment
- IBAN Bank account number > NL80 RABO 0145 5455 63
- Swift code of the bank > RABO NL 2U
- Name of the accountholder > Stichting HBO Haaglanden
- Name of the bank > Rabobank
- Address of the bank > Bezuidenhoutseweg 5
- Postal code and place > 2594 AB The Hague
- Country > The Netherlands
- Payment reference* > [your full name and THUAS student number]
Legal fees and costs
- Health Insurance incl. third party insurance + legal fees 1st (fall) semester > € 583,50
- Health Insurance incl. third party insurance + legal fees 2nd (spring) semester > € 638,00
- Health Insurance incl. third party insurance + legal fees both semesters > € 910,50
- Health Insurance incl. third party insurance 1st (fall) semester > €272,50
- Health Insurance incl. third party insurance 2nd (spring) semester > €327,00
- Health Insurance incl. third party insurance both semesters > €599,50
- Legal fees for the application of your immigration documents > € 311,00
- TPI - Third party insurance (liability) one semester > € 16,00
- TPI - Third party insurance (liability) two semesters > € 32,00
Please be aware of possible transfer fees charged by your bank!
Cancellation of your exchange period has to be done in writing and has to be sent to email@example.com mentioning your student number and the reason for cancellation.
Should you cancel your application after we have submitted your entry visa and/or residence permit application, the legal fees paid on your behalf cannot be refunded. Also the fee for the third party insurance cannot be refunded.
Please note: cancellation of accommodation has to be done directly with the party offering housing, and different fees and rules may apply.
FacilitiesOn campus, there are state-of-the-art computer facilities, media labs and science labs to help students study. We also have several restaurants and extensive sports facilities .
Read more about our facilities.
International Student ServicesWe also have an International Office. We can give you practical advice on visas, residence permits, insurance, financing and housing as well as scholarships when you go and study abroad. Read more about our International Student Services.
We run student exchange programmes in collaboration with around 400 partners. By 2020 it is our ambition that all graduates from THUAS will have acquired international competencies and call themselves global citizens. To help achieve this goal, we give students (and academic staff) the chance to go on exchanges and internships abroad, take part in international research projects and be part of an international classroom during their study programme.
We value the relationships with our current partners. Our partners benefit from the fact that THUAS has close links with industry and we promote student interaction with the business world and organisations that specialise in research and innovation. We are keen to develop new partnerships as partnering with academic institutions around the world enriches our ‘internationalisation’ goals and make the experience of the students truly international.
To find out more about setting up exchange partnerships email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our current exchange partners
View our extensive list of partner institutions around the world.
International co-operation brochure Brochure “Open for international co-operation”