To study FMC you need a Bachelor’s degree with a major in finance or business economics, at least two years of relevant work experience, and a good command of English (see the specific requirements for English proficiency below). Applicants who meet these criteria will then be asked to expound on their application and motivation to study FMC during a short interview.
Tuition fee, tax benefits
The costs of following the FMC programme is € 15,750. This tuition fee allows you to follow FMC classes and exams, receive thesis supervision, and get unlimited access to our library and Internet facilities. However, you will have to buy books yourself. The estimated costs are € 800.
You can also pay the tuition fee in instalments. In that case, the price of the programme is € 15,900 and we require an advance payment of € 3,000.
The Master of Financial Management and Control is exempt from VAT for Dutch students. Your employer can fully offset training costs against gross results and label them as operating expenses. For (Dutch) private individuals, parts of the training costs are deductible. For more information, call the Dutch Tax Information Line on 0800 – 0543 or visit their website: http://www.belastingdienst.nl.
Step by step procedure
You can apply for the Master of Financial Management and Control by filling in an online application form and uploading all the required documents.
On receiving your application form we will send you confirmation by e-mail. We will then inform the FMC programme manager, who will contact you as soon as possible. As part of the intake procedure we might ask you to participate in an interview by telephone.
Only if you meet all the requirements and our programme manager has accepted your application, will you be officially enrolled in the programme. You will receive confirmation by e-mail.
After filling in the application form, we will need the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Copy of Diploma
- Copy of transcript
- Copy of the title page of passport
- Proof of English proficiency*
- Letter of Recommendation
- Motivation letter
- Applicant Reference Form
* Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in English. Candidates, who have followed at least two years full time education with English as the language of instruction in the preceding three calendar years, are deemed to have fulfilled this requirement. Those candidates to whom this does not apply, must submit proof of sufficient scores on one of the following tests when applying (many companies, employers, universities and government bodies around the world recognize these tests):
- TOEFL test (score must be at least 80, see www.toefl.org )
- IELTS Academic test (score at least 6 IELTS, see www.ielts.org )
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (any pass grade, see www.cambridgeesol.org)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (grade A,B or C, see www.cambridgeesol.org)
- Cambridge First Certificate (grade A, see www.cambridgeesol.org )
Note: you cannot save the application form online so make sure to have all your details on hand.
Students who have to apply for a residence permit for the Netherlands (non-EU/EEA students) are required to go through an immigration procedure and can only enroll for the program until 31 May, 2017.
Dutch, EU or EEA students can apply until 20th August 2017.