Sport Management is the Organizational Side of Sport. The ISPM programme is the kick-start for your professional success in the global sport community. You will develop as an established leader, participate within international sport networks and actively engage in effective intercultural initiatives.
What kind of traits does the ISPM student need? A passion for sport, being a team-player, having a global outlook and an interest in business. Having aptitude and curiosity for finance, marketing, research, communications, sociology , ethics, technology, law, and politics is beneficial. The new three-year programme International Sport Management (ISPM) starts in September 2017.
International Sport Management is a three-year accelerated programme. To qualify, you will need
1) A secondary school diploma equivalent to that of a higher Dutch VWO, International Baccalaureate diploma or equivalent,
2) Meet the English language requirements .
3) After you have completed the enrolment via Studielink and have been approved as eligible, we will interview you on your affinity with sports and your motivation to make sure all ISPM students are equally motivated. This may sound quite daunting, but don’t worry, you won’t need to be a high-performing athlete to apply for ISPM. A passion for sports, a good head for business and an international outlook is the important foundation.
Bachelors candidates who are educated in the Netherlands, UK, Ireland, USA, Canada (Quebec only when the education language is English), Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Malta, or students holding a diploma (including English as an exam subject) stated on this diploma list, don’t need to take an English proficiency test.
All other prospective students are required to hand in a valid and sufficient language test.
Please check our Admission requirements for more information.
If you completed your prior education in another country than those listed above you might still qualify for exemption, if: you have an American or International High School Diploma, or you have an European or International Baccalaureate Diploma. Please contact the THUAS Enrolment Centre and ask for details.
If you have not quite reached the level you need to enrol for a degree but your results are promising, we offer an English Prep School programme, which takes six months or one year. On completion of this, you will not only be ready to join a Bachelor class, but you’ll also have learned a lot about the Netherlands, The Hague and our university.
- N&T Does not qualify for admission
- N&G Does not qualify for admission
- E&M Does not qualify for admission
- C&M Does not qualify for admission
- N&T Immediately qualifies for admission
- N&G Immediately qualifies for admission
- E&M Immediately qualifies for admission
- C&M Immediately qualifies for admission
- Does not qualify for admission
6 April 2018
An Open Day is a great way to visit our campus; get acquainted with current students, lecturers, and meet our team of study advisors. You can also attend a few presentations by our lecturers who will help you get into a critical and intercultural mind-set, which you will most definitely need in the globalising world of sports.