Bachelor candidates who were educated in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Ireland, United States, Canada (except for Quebec!), Australia, New-Zealand, South Africa or Malta, or students holding a diploma (including English as an exam subject) stated on this diploma list, need not take an English proficiency test.
All other prospective students are required to hand in a valid and sufficient TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, or Cambridge ESOL certificate to the Enrolment Centre. The certificate must not be older than two year at the start of the study year.
If you completed your prior education in another country than those listed above you might still qualify for exemption, if:
- you have an American or International High School Diploma, or
- you have an European or International Baccalaureate Diploma.
Please contact the THUAS Enrolment Centre and ask for details.
The minimum TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS and Cambridge CAE/ CPE scores for are:
- Paper based > 550
- Computer based > 213
- Internet based > 80, With minimum subscores of 20
- Listening and Reading > 670, You must also complete 'Speaking and Writing' successfully
- Listening > 6
- Reading > 6
- Writing > 6
- Speaking > 6
- Overall > 6
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) > A/B/C
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) > A/B/C
Please note: The Hague University of Applied Sciences does not accept Institutional TOEFL scores, TOEFL ITP scores or any other language test certificates.
Please note: if you take (or have taken) the TOEFL English proficiency test, please allow The Hague University of Applied Sciences to check your online results to verify your TOEFL certificate. The Institution Code of The Hague University of Applied Sciences is 7042.
- N&T Does not qualify for admission
- N&G Does not qualify for admission
- E&M Does not qualify for admission
- C&M Does not qualify for admission
- N&T Immediately qualifies for admission
- N&G Immediately qualifies for admission
- E&M Immediately qualifies for admission
- C&M Immediately qualifies for admission
- Does not qualify for admission
5 November 2016
An Open Day is a great way to visit our campus, get acquainted with current students, lecturers, and meet our team of study advisors. You can also attend a few presentations by our lecturers, who will help you get into a critical and intercultural mind-set. It’s something we like to call: global citizenship.
8 - 9 December 2016
Trial Study Day
Join an ICM class and meet our current students and lecturers. This will also be your chance to experience how International Communication Management prepares you for an international working environment, thanks to interdisciplinary lectures such as: Introduction to Organisational Communication and Communication and Behaviour.
Student for a day
Shadow a current International Communication Management student and experience what it is like to study at THUAS. You will join discussions with existing workgroups and attend useful lectures. These lectures could help you decide whether your main interest lies in structuring a corporate communication strategy. Or would you be better off supporting organisations towards more transparency in the way they present themselves?