Create a reference list / bibliography (RefWorks)
Links and more information
- Log in to RefWorks
- Create a new RefWorks account
- RefWorks manual
- YouTube Channel (RefWorks tutorials)
- Online course Write 'n Cite
- Join live webinars (or watch the recorded ones)
- Short presentation
- Converting from other bibliographic management programs
- Procedure for importing an unformatted bibliography into RefWorks
- How to import references into RefWorks from a database that has no direct export to RefWorks?
- APA citation guide
Including a literature list of books and articles used in a report is mandatory. Otherwise, you are committing plagiarism. There are a number of rules that must be followed when referring to the literature used.
Refworks lets you create a literature list and incorporate citations into the text from our databases with only a few clicks. Without Refworks, you will have to manually enter all references, even when using the APA reference tool in MS Word. That costs both time and effort. If you use Refworks, you will have more time to devote to the contents of your assignment or thesis. The library has a license for RefWorks and offers both workshops and support for this tool.
RefWorks allows you to:
- Collect and save literature references and to export references from databases. For databases without a direct export option to RefWorks, you can use Google Scholar or Worldcat. You can also enter references manually.
- Manage literature references by organising them in folders, where you can assign keywords, deduplicate and search.
- Share literature references with others using shared folders or shared RefWorks accounts.
- Generate a literature list, with a choice of various styles (APA, MLA, Vancouver, Harvard, etc.).
- Use the add-on Write-N-Cite to incorporate quotes in the text.
APA source acknowledgement
The APA style is the most commonly used style at the university of applied sciences. The APA citation guide contains numerous examples and explanations of how to incorporate quotes within the text and to create a literature list according to APA standards.
Would you like to know more?
The person to contact for issues concerning RefWorks: Niloufar Soekhai, email@example.com