Prize Parade 2022
Prize Parade 2022
At THiNK FeST on 3 November 2022, various THUAS awards will be presented for exceptional performances. Each faculty is challenged to propose nominees by no later than Friday 16 September.
The Thesis Award is presented to students who carry out the best graduation research project.
The goal is to draw attention to theses that reflect the philosophy of the school, both within and outside of the university of applied sciences.
Every nominee from each faculty receives 250,- euros pp. (only one student per faculty allowed)
The Olive Award is presented to the team of lecturers that succeeds most blended education. Considering the importance of the teams in designing and carrying out education, the Executive Board and deans believe that this award should not go to an individual, but to a team.
The goal is to demonstrate appreciation for the work carried out by lecturers and to draw attention to their contribution to quality education. The format also enables the university of applied sciences to draw attention to the strength of a highly collaborative team (of 3 to 8 persons). From the winning team, a lecturer will be selected to participate in the national ‘Lecturer of the Year’ award competition.
The jury award for the winning team is 1,000 euros, to be spent on literature, and 2,500 euros, to be spent on an activity carried out together with students in the professional field/ at a social organisation. The Public Award for the winning team is 500 euros, to be spent on literature.
The professional jury of the Olive Award consists of the following members:
- Arend Hardorff (member of the Executive board)
- Jos Beelen (researcher)
- Nanna Freeman (lecturer, and former Olive Award winner)
- IJsbrand Hoetjes (advisor)
- Youri Hemelop (student of THUAS, and chair of the general council)
Pim Breebaart Research Award
The Pim Breebaart Research Award (PBRA) is an award for inspiring research conducted at The Hague University of Applied Sciences. With this prize we want to reward partnerships between research-education-practice. We are looking for mixed teams composed of students, lecturers, researchers, professors (and ongoing partners abroad).
THUAS established this award to:
- promote its research programme both inside and outside of its own institution promote research that makes a distinctive contribution to solving a current issue;
- encourage and challenge promising THUAS staff members to deliver outstanding achievements in the field of research;
- appreciate and recognise staff members for who they are;
- thank Pim Breebaart for his efforts towards making research a serious endeavour at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
The prize is 5,000 euros for the winning research and a figurine. The money is intended for the research.
The professional jury of the Pim Breebaart Research Award consists of the following members:
- Pim Breebaart (former chair of the Executive Board of THUAS)
- Lieke Hubregtse (strategic advisor Township The Hague)
- Jeroen Oskam (director Research Centre Hoteschool The Hague)
- Johan Woudstra (former lecturer of THUAS, and former PBRA winner)
We would like to reward doctoral candidates with a prize. Doctoral candidates of 2022 (between November 2021 and November 1st 2022) will receive a figurine during THiNK FeST.
With any questions and/ or comments, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org