RefWorks WnC does not function within THUAS campus
Due to a technical problem, the use of Write-N-Cite is not possible within the University. IT is currently working on a solution. WnC does work on your own laptop:
Word 2016 Windows 10 menu: Insert > Office store > Install Proquest (see also video).
Employees with an IT laptop for which this does not work can visit the FrontOffice to activate the MS office store.
Our apologies for the inconvenience.
Results Library Satisfaction Survey
The biennial Library Satisfaction Survey 2018 conducted amongst students and staff. A few results emerged from the survey, which require a follow up directly, such as more silence in the study area (ground floor) and extended opening hours.
We are happy to announce our new opening hours: starting from January 2019 the THUAS library will be open until 10:30 pm (Monday-Thursday). Weekend opening will start at the beginning of the new academic year 2019-2020. This means the library will be open 7 days a week until 10.30 pm. Students and faculty requested for longer opening hours and weekend opening in the survey. Our focus is also on improving the usability of the digital library.
What we need to maintain (positive outcomes):
- The level of service, the expertise and availability of the employees and the atmosphere in the library.
- Topicality of the collection and increase in the number of ebooks.
- ILL (interlibrary loan) is highly valued by employees.
- General judgment for the digital library has increased compared to 2015, where the higher score of the group that followed a library training was striking.
- Many students often find the library on the recommendation of their teachers.
- The silent study areas are highly appreciated, and there is a great need for an increase in the number of silence places.
Focus of attention:
- Noise pollution from the first floor via the loft to the silence area room on the ground floor.
- Unfamiliarity of some library services such as ATLAS.ti, copyright, BrowZine, availability of book lists and ILL for students.
- English-language collection.
- Uusability of the digital library.
- Unfamiliarity with the possibility of supplying theses/publications to the HBO knowledge base.
RefWorks tab in Word Office not visible
The RefWorks tab is not visible on campus PCs. You can make the tab visible again by performing the following actions in Word: file -> options -> add-ons -> Write-n-Cite -> COM-inserts -> Start -> Select Write-n-Cite
These actions are not remembered in Word, this means that the above steps must be executed after each restart of the PC. Sorry for the inconvenience, we are working on a solution.
Extended library opening hours
Starting 7 January 2019, the main campus library will be open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 10:30 pm (previously 9 am to 9 pm) and on Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.
From the start of the new academic year, the opening hours on Monday to Friday will be 9 am to 10:30 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 10:30 pm. To make these opening hours possible, we will soon be making changes to the building and climate control systems.
A library satisfaction survey was conducted in June 2018. The results showed that many students need to use the library later in the evening and on weekends. During its meeting of 13 November 2018, the Executive Board decided to meet this need by extending the opening hours of the library.
Improve your research with ATLAS.ti and discover the convenience
ATLAS.ti is a powerful tool for the qualitative analysis of large bodies of textual, graphical, audio and video data. From the 1st of October, ATLAS.ti will be installed on all college computers. It’s also available for your personal devices! http://thuas.com/library/research/atlas-ti