Results Library Satisfaction Survey
The biennial Library Satisfaction Survey 2018 conducted amongst students and staff. A few results emerged from the survey, which require a follow up directly, such as more silence in the study area (ground floor) and extended opening hours.
We are happy to announce our new opening hours: starting from January 2019 the THUAS library will be open until 10:30 pm (Monday-Thursday). Weekend opening will start at the beginning of the new academic year 2019-2020. This means the library will be open 7 days a week until 10.30 pm. Students and faculty requested for longer opening hours and weekend opening in the survey. Our focus is also on improving the usability of the digital library.
What we need to maintain (positive outcomes):
- The level of service, the expertise and availability of the employees and the atmosphere in the library.
- Topicality of the collection and increase in the number of ebooks.
- ILL (interlibrary loan) is highly valued by employees.
- General judgment for the digital library has increased compared to 2015, where the higher score of the group that followed a library training was striking.
- Many students often find the library on the recommendation of their teachers.
- The silent study areas are highly appreciated, and there is a great need for an increase in the number of silence places.
Focus of attention:
- Noise pollution from the first floor via the loft to the silence area room on the ground floor.
- Unfamiliarity of some library services such as ATLAS.ti, copyright, BrowZine, availability of book lists and ILL for students.
- English-language collection.
- Uusability of the digital library.
- Unfamiliarity with the possibility of supplying theses/publications to the HBO knowledge base.