Working while studying

Many students wish to work while they are studying at The Hague University of Applied Sciences. Students from most European Union countries can do so without needing a work permit (in Dutch: Tewerkstellings-vergunning, TWV).

Students from outside the EU, as well as students from new member states of the EU generally need a TWV. With this TWV, these students are allowed to work a maximum of ten hours a week during the academic year or three months fulltime in summer.

Click here for more information about working while studying.