Grab your onesie and prepare your snacks. Matthijs, second year European Studies student, collected the best holiday movies for you.
1. Love Actually (2003) - England, the zeroes and Hugh Grant. This are the three main ingredients for Love Actually, probably the best Christmas themed romantic comedy to ever be made. This movie follows the lives of eight different couples dealing with love and life during Christmastime in London. Accompanied by one of the most catchy soundtracks ever this movie guarantees for a cheesy Christmas movienight!
2. Home Alone (1990) - Can a Christmas without watching Home Alone really be called Christmas? This true 90’s classic tells the story of Kevin, an eight-year-old kid who accidently gets left at home alone for Christmas. While he tries to take care for himself two burglars try to rob his home. Kevin turns the house into a fortress, giving the burglars a hard time and the viewer a laugh.
3. Mickey’s Christmas Carol (1983) - This classic Disney movie retells the famous Christmas Carol story of Charles Dickens. Be prepared to travel through time with the Ghosts of Christmas along your favorite Disney characters and through a classic Christmas story.
4. Jingle all the way (1996) - When a salesman forgets to buy a Turboman action figure as a Christmas present for his son. He has to put everything in line to get the last Turboman in town to win the love of his son and wife. Arnold Schwarzenegger puts a laugh on your face while spouting funny one-liner after funny one-liner.
5. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) - Another classic band of childhood heroes retelling the classic Dickens’ story! Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie bear and Gonzo guide Scrooge through the Christmas of past, Christmas of present and the Christmas of future. All the while cracking classic Muppet jokes; “Wocka Wocka!”
6. The Nightmare Before Chrismas (1993) - When Jack Skellington gets bored of celebrating Halloween every year he discovers Christmas. When he takes the idea home to Halloween Town the inhabitants are not really able to celebrate it the right way. A timeless Christmas movie.
7. Die Hard (1988) - When a Christmas party at an office in Los Angeles gets interrupted by German terrorists a New York police officer tries to save hostages including his wife. While the Christmas party gets ruined by the terrorists still its enough Christmas to give the movie a run during Christmas break and enjoy this classic action mo