About The Hague University of Applied Sciences
Working at THUAS means spending your time in an international, open and dynamic environment together with 2,000 colleagues. Each and every day, you give your all to optimising the quality of the education offered and preparing young professionals for their careers. And you do so in a community that is evolving continuously!
The Hague University of Applied Sciences as an employer
For students, their career at THUAS starts as a learning young professional. Your job is to prepare them for that. You do this as a lecturer, as a researcher at our knowledge centres or working in one of our service departments.
Interested? The Hague University of Applied Sciences is always looking for new colleagues!
Apply for a position
Did you respond to a job opportunity? You will receive confirmation of receipt immediately from us. After the application deadline has passed, we will try to complete the CV selection process as quickly as possible and notify you of the results.
If you did not find an opportunity that fits your background and ambitions, you can send an open application using the open application form.
After sending your open application, you will receive confirmation of receipt immediately from us. We will review your CV and cover letter and share it with our vacancy holders to see whether there is a suitable opportunity for you. If we believe we have found an interesting opportunity for you, we will contact you.
Working conditionsThe Hague University of Applied Sciences offers good working conditions that are in line with the Collective Agreement for Universities of Applied Sciences.
- A good salary
- Payment of a complete 13th month
- Lots and lots of days off – no fewer than 53 with a full-time appointment!
But that’s not all! The Hague University of Applied Sciences also offers:
- A workplace that is easy to reach by car, bike and train (next to The Hague HS railway station)
- A platform for encounters, inspiration and innovation with a varied programme of lectures, symposia, inspiring stories, discussions and debates, workshops, exhibitions films and performances
- Pension plan with the General Pension Fund for Public Employees (Algemeen Burgerlijk Pensioenfonds, ABP)
- Basic and supplementary health insurance with good coverage from Zilveren Kruis Achmea This policy includes your spouse and children.
- Annual extra local employment conditions that let you fund a degree programme, for example, or join a sports club
- Depending on your position, tasks and responsibilities, you may be able to work some hours from home or have flexible working hours
- Possibility to work part-time if, for example, you are still active in professional practice (which we encourage!)
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students