Update from Coronavirus press conference on 15 February
We are pleased to announce that we will start the semester with the relaxation of some of the Coronavirus measures, as announced by the cabinet during the press conference on Tuesday 15 February. In this update you will read more about the easing of these measures and on what date they will go into effect.A summary of the most important easing of the rules:
- With immediate effect: if circumstances allow, a maximum of 50% of working time can be spent at the office
- As of 18 February: there will be no longer a maximum group size in education
- As of 25 February: there will no longer be requirement to wear a face mask, but it is advised
Adjustments as of today: a maximum of 50% of working time can be spent at the office
The principles are:
- The presence of lecturers at THUAS will be determined by the teaching timetable.
- How many days and on which days staff members are present on site or work at home is determined within the team and with the supervisor. The main priority will be the connection with the team, the students and the university of applied of sciences.
- The supervisors are responsible for facilitating this conversation within the teams and to guide the teams to find a good hybrid work format. If necessary, the supervisor can give instructions about staff members’ presence at THUAS (taking into account the staff member’s scheduled working days).
Adjusted measures as of 18 February 2022: there will be no longer a maximum group size in education
Adjusted measures as of 25 February, 2022: there will no longer be requirement to wear a face mask, but it is advised
General advices continue to apply
- Keep your distance from each other. Although the 1.5 meter rule is not obligatory in education, we ask you to comply with it, where possible.
- Wear a face mask if you feel doing so.
- Take a preventive self-test at least twice a week.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Ventilate rooms as much as possible.
- Do you have any symptoms? Get tested and do not come to THUAS.
- Get a vaccine or booster shot.
- Do you want to know if you should take a corona test? For example, you are experiencing corona symptoms or you have just returned from abroad? The government has a new website for that purpose. Answer a few short questions and you will immediately receive personal advice. Testing for corona: which test rules apply to me? | Coronavirus COVID-19 | Rijksoverheid.nl
- Unsure if you should quarantine? You will find the most up-to-date guidelines at https://quarantainecheck.rijksoverheid.nl/en.
- Self-tests can still be ordered free of charge for staff members and students at www.zelftestonderwijs.nl/.
- Do you want to get vaccinated? You can make an appointment via http://coronavaccinatie-afspraak.nl/.
- Of course, you can also always consult our own Q&A page. This page will soon be updated with the latest status as described in this update.