Part of building part Strip of main campus THUAS temporarily unusable due to small fire
On the evening of Saturday 10 July, a small fire started in one of the offices in the Strip building on the first floor, due to what now appears to be a technical malfunction in a piece of equipment. The fire extinguishing system activated immediately and the fire brigade was also on site quickly, so the fire remained contained. However, the extinguishing of the fire did cause water damage.
On Sunday, the various electronic systems were checked by technical specialists and cleaners began removing the water from Strip 1 and the ground floor. And even today, people are working in the affected area on restoring the damage caused by the water. For this reason, the affected part of the building unfortunately cannot yet be released and students and staff are asked to study or work elsewhere. The event-bureau has rescheduled the few events that were scheduled to take place in this area. The programmes concerned have been informed.
The area is expected to be deemed safe to use later this week.