Student Assistant Vacancy for Digital Events
Vacancy: The Centre of Expertise on Global Governance is looking for a student assistant with focus on Digital Events
The Centre of Expertise on Global Governance ‘New Actors, New Solutions’ is looking for a highly motivated student to work as a Student Assistant to support the Centre in the context of its digital events.
Do you have:
· Experience in organizing and hosting online events?
· Experience in video and audio editing?
· Great communications skills?
· A good eye for detail?
· Interest in the topic of Global Governance?
Then we are looking for you!
What is the Centre of Expertise and what do we do?
We are one of THUAS’s seven Centres of Expertise. Our role is to conduct research that is relevant for education, society and the professional practice of Global Governance.
The mission of the Centre is to increase the understanding by students, professionals, and citizens of how global governance works in practice. As part of this mission, we identify four goals:
1) To increase practical knowledge and skills of students in the study fields relevant to global governance;
2) To contribute to the professionalization of the global governance field through professional trainings and applied research;
3) To improve the public visibility of and the engagement with the institutions shaping global governance by professionals, citizens and youth;
4) To contribute to the development of new practical solutions to increase collaborative, inclusive, and innovative governance at international, regional, national and local levels; solutions conducive to inclusion, equal representation, accountability and legitimacy.
We are now looking for a student who would support the Centre’s digital activities and assist the team in other practical tasks in the context of (online) events.
The applicant would ideally be in their 3rd or 4th year of studies but motivated year 2 students will also be considered. The position will be performed in English, but good knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
For this position we consider either students in Law/HBO-Rechten, European Studies, IPM/Bestuurskunde with strong IT and digital editing skills, or students in Communication & Multimedia Design with interest in international relations, law and/or public management.
Some of the tasks on which the applicant would focus are:
· Preparing online meetings and events (Teams, Zoom, Youtube, Vimeo)
· Editing and visual design of live events and recorded videos
· Preparing short video extracts for social media or other types of publication
· Support in lay-out of presentations (Powerpoint)
· Occasional support in other communications or other administrative or organizational tasks
· Hopefully…. Support during physical live events in the course of 2021! (in accordance with the COVID measures in place)
The ideal candidate is pro-active, energetic, able to meet deadlines and able to organize their own work.
Are you interested?
The position is for 4-12 hours per week (flexible). It is to begin as soon as possible. The position is initially for six months, with a possibility of extension to 1 year based on performance and the needs of the centre. The remuneration is in accordance with the applicable provisions of the HBO CAO Agreement (around €400/month for 0.2 fte or €600/month for 0.3 fte before tax).
If you are interested and recognize yourself in the description above, please send your CV, short motivation letter (half page maximum), and -if possible- an example of a video production to Debora Spinabelli (email@example.com) before Monday 11 January 2020.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Remmelt de Weerd (firstname.lastname@example.org), programme coordinator for the Centre of Expertise.
We look forward to reading your applications!